Monday, September 10, 2007

Baby Sorenson

I have created this blog to keep all of you posted on the progress of my pregnancy as well as my thoughts and feelings throughout my pregnancy. I am thrilled to be able to share this experience with all of you and appreciate all of the support provided by our family and friends.



Aaron and I found out about our little miracle on June 10th about a half an hour before my sister-in-law, Rachael, came over for dinner. I decided to take a pregnancy test while Aaron was out working in the garden. There was the faintest second pink line and I wasn't sure if I was imaging the line or not so I called Aaron in from the garden. Aaron saw the line, too, but we still weren't sure if it was dark enough to mean anything. We both started crying tears of joy and decided not to say anything to Rachael (sorry Rachael) until we were absolutely certain that I was preganant. So all through dinner we kept sneaking each other giddy smiles hoping Rachael wouldn't catch on that anything was suspicious. Over the next few days, I think I took a total of five pregnancy tests and each one came out positive! By now, we were positive I was pregnant and were both very excited.



After the trip to the doctor, we determined my due date to be February 20, 2008. As of now, I am almost seventeen weeks along. As of week sixteen, the length of the baby is approximately
4.5 inches and the baby weighs about 3.5 ounces, or approximately the size of an avacado. By now, the baby is fully formed with a lot of growing left to do and it is possible to determine if the baby is a boy or a girl (although Aaron and I are not going to find out).

11 comments:

Naomi said...

Yay! How exciting Sarah!! I hadn't heard the story yet about when you and Aaron found out for the first time! I can't wait to hear more stories as your pregnancy progresses!

erin said...

Wahooo!
The miracle baby is on its way!
I am SO excited to be sharing this special experience with you, Sarah.
Thanks for posting.
(And I like the way your blog looks!)

Anonymous said...

Z! I love this!! Can't wait to see that belly grow!! Hopefully you will get cravings for Mama Maria's all the time and you know who to call!!! Love you guys and Dan and I are soooo happy for you two!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool Sarah! I'm excited you will continue to work in St. Paul so I can see you every step of the way!

kristi noser said...

Sarah,
Welcome to Blogdom.
I'm looking forward to reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

Patrick and I are so happy for you two. You are going to be role model parents I can tell already. Hopefully I can help you get a big belly by having you and the hubby over to eat soon. Miss you wife 1.

Cara said...

Sarah,

Even though we were sorta "forced" into this blog thing, aren't you kinda glad? I am so excited that we get to share our experiences and pregnancies together! I will NEVER forget the day that you told us you were pregnant, and then I had verbal vomit and spewed out my news, only to dampen your excitement!

Anonymous said...

Cara,

Oh my gosh, I love blogging! I was already thinking last night that when the baby is born, I may have to start another blog because I think I will miss it. I think I'm becoming a blog addict:)

Finding out that you were pregnant, too, made me twice as excited!!! That was such a cool moment that I will never forget. I am so exicted that our babies and Erin and Naomi's will be so close together.

Sarah
(I still can't figure out how to comment not anonymously:)

Carla said...

Congratulations, Sarah!! I came over from The Thing Is...seems like Kristi and I are the only ones NOT pregnant. That's a good thing!

Mandi said...

Ahem..

I'm not pregnant either. I can only babysit ONE baby at a time, though. So you guys will have to fight over me. Erin has 1st dibs though. Haha.

Naomi said...

Okay, time for an update!!