Wednesday, September 26, 2007

19 Weeks

Okay, so I have not been very good at keeping up with weekly updates so far, but I will try to do a better job.

By 19 weeks, our little sweetheart measures approximately 6 inches long (about the length of a small zucchinni) and weighs approximately 8.5 ounces. It's amazing to think that by the time our baby is born, the baby's weight should increase by more than 15 times! Arms and legs are now in the right proportion compared to the rest of the body and the baby's senses are starting to develop.

I have outgrown the majority of my clothes and now am wearing either the next size (or two) up or some of my maternity clothes. I feel like I am drowning in several of my maternity clothes still, but at the rate that I am growing, I don't think it will be long until they fit more comfortably. To date, I have gained a whopping 16-18 pounds and am starting to noticeably show. I was microwaving my lunch last week and a woman I had never met before commented on how cute pregnancy clothes now are and asked when I am due. Another woman who was with her looked at her with a horrified look on her face and loudly whispered, "Are you sure she's pregnant?" I reassured both women that I am pregnant and was very happy that someone I didn't know noticed that I am pregnant and not just gaining weight. I am excited for the time I will be out of the awkward "is she pregnant?" stage but overall am enjoying the second trimester. It is nice to have more energy and not to be sick (the first couple of months were a little tough).

I, too, like Erin have been craving spicy foods, although anything mildly spicy tastes fiery hot. I have also had a lot of cravings for chocolate and brussel sprouts (which is wierd because I never liked brussel sprouts before).

Around week 17, I started having a harder time getting comfortable while sleeping. Thanks to the advice of a very good friend, I bought a Snoogle pillow and have been sleeping much better. The Snoogle pillow is kind of like a body pillow, only it curves so it kind of "hugs" my body. It is awesome!

For the last couple of weeks, I think I might of started feeling the baby move, but I am not sure. The feelings I have been feeling are not like bubbles or flutters like many of the books describe, but rather like small pokes that I feel on different parts of my stomach. I don't feel them everyday, just sometimes. Are there any Moms out there that have any descriptions as to what early movement feels like?

Aaron and I have also had fun looking for clothes and other items for the baby. Aaron thinks the baby is a boy so always looks at the boy clothes when we're out. It's fun to watch him actually enjoy shopping!

6 comments:

erin said...

Thanks for another post!!
I'm so glad your pregnancy is going well. You look so great!
Keep posting!

Anonymous said...

I am such a sap, I get all teary eyed when I read these!!!

Anonymous said...

It really stinks that there are not many clothes that say "I love my auntie" on it, but that is ok. I'm thrilled to be a auntie. I think I have been asking sarah if I could be a auntie since she was 17. I am so happy you are not barfing all the time and feeling better.
have fun with the next 5 months. Auntie Carlee

Cara said...

Sarah, I think you look stunning. I can relate to the feeling fat stage, though. I am so happy that we are experiencing all of these things together!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cara. I agree that it is so nice to be experiencing pregnancy together:)

Sarah

erin said...

Dear Sarah,
Remember when you used to blog?
That was cool.
Love,
Erin