Tuesday, October 23, 2007

23 Weeks (Tomorrow)

So much has happened in the last month I don't even know where to start! Well, I guess I'll start with the baby's approximate statistics. Baby's grown a lot over the last month! The baby is now more than 11 inches long and weighs over a pound. The blood vessels in our baby's lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the baby can swallow. The baby can also hear loud noises.

The baby's been moving much more often now and I feel lots of kicks throughout the day. Aaron was able to feel the baby for the first time last Tuesday! I love feeling the baby move and am excited Aaron was able to feel the baby as well.

Also, we decided to get an ultrasound so at our last visit at the doctor, we saw our baby! It was so neat and very reassuring to see the baby's heart beating, the spine, and all of the other parts of the baby developing. Baby's heart rate was 146 bpm (the heart rate slowed a lot since the last visit).

We also started our birthing classes last night at St. Joe's. Some of the exercises they had us practice are a little awkward and I am thankful that I am taking the class now rather than when I am bigger. (I felt bad for some of the girls who are due soon.)

I have been feeling, a little tired, but overall really well. I am now fitting really comfortably into maternity clothes and am getting more and more excited to meet our little sweetheart.

5 comments:

erin said...

You finally blogged!
I'm so glad everything is going well and that you're feeling good!

Cara said...

Great to get an update about Baby Sor! I am so happy that things are progressing along as they should! You look great, and have that glow about you.....

:)

Sarah said...

The floating baby on the side is a little creepy, but at least you are updating -- I thought it was something you were going to do weekly, not monthly :) Sorry for giving you a hard time, but that's what big sisters are for!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! That is already so big compared to last time!! The mini will be here before we all know it:) Still cravin Mama's? We haven't done our date for Nov.

erin said...

Hey, your counter says you have 100 days to go!
Woohoo!