Sunday, November 25, 2007

27 Weeks

Well, another busy month has flown by. I haven't checked my blog lately and was shocked to see that we have only 87 days more to go!! This week marks the first week of the third trimester. The baby weighs approximately 2 pounds and the total length is 14.4 inches. The baby can now open and close his/her eyes and sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. (The baby seems to be most active around 3:00 am; I wonder if that will continue after the baby is born.) The baby's brain is very active now as more brain tissue is developing.

I have been feeling pretty good for the most part. I find that I am still very tired and have a hard time catching my breath if I am very hot or go up too many flights of stairs. It has also been increasingly harder to sleep as my hips have been hurting. The baby is much more active and it is funny to watch my belly move sometimes when the baby kicks. We finished our birthing classes last week and I think I've decided I'd like to try to do a waterbirth.

Other than that we have been busy preparing for the baby's arrival. My sister-in-law, Sarah, is letting us use a ton of their baby stuff which we are very thankful about. (I didn't realize how many things babies need:) Last weekend, my cousins threw a surprise baby shower for me in Superior! It was so much fun. This last week we have been busy organizing the baby things and we are getting very excited to meet our little baby in less than three months!!!

1 comment:

erin said...

I can't wait to meet your little sweetie pie! It still seems like yesterday that you told me you wre preggers. I'll never forget that day. : )