Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Week 28

Today at my 28 week appointment I took the dreaded glucose challenge, and it was not bad at all!! The orange drink that I had to have was super yummy and the finger prick didn't even hurt (which is amazing because I'm usually deathly afraid of needles). My glucose levels were fine, but my hemoglobin was low. Time for more iron. The baby seems to be doing well. The midwife felt my abdomen and could tell that the baby is already head down, which is awesome as I am super afraid of having a C-section. The midwife told us that it is very rare for a baby to turn upright at this point in pregnancy. The baby's heart rate was 153 bpm. My uterus is measuring a week behind at 27 weeks. I don't think that will change my due date though. The baby now weighs approximately 2.25 pounds and is about 14.8 inches long.

6 comments:

erin said...

Cool!
I'm glad your appointment went well. Thanks for the update!

Cara said...

Sounds just like my appointment, Sarah! Glucose-fine. Iron levels-NOT! We should have a steak dinner together!!! :) If you are measuring a week behind, I may go before you after all! This could get exciting!!!

erin said...

It's a race for the finish!
LOL

erin said...

Sarah, your ticker says you have 19 days to go, but...you're HOLDING your baby!!
Sa-weet!

Katie R. said...

Congratulations on your pretty little girl. She looks so nice. I love your girly's name, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Katie!

Sarah