Friday, April 11, 2008

Natalie Ann

Natalie Ann Sorenson was born on February 1, 2008. Aaron and I instantly fell in love with her and continue to fall more in love with her every day.

My water broke at approximately 2:30 in the afternoon on Januray 31st, at work! I had absolutely no warnings. I had a midwife appointment the day before, but she hadn't even bothered to check my cervix as she said (after Natalie was born), "You looked too good to be going into labor soon." As soon as my water broke, I called Aaron and asked him to meet me at the hospital. His response was, "Why?" I sat there for a few seconds not knowing exactly what to say when Aaron exclaimed, "Are you going into labor?!!!" My eyes immediately teared up and I told him that yes, my water had broke. My good friend Teresa rushed me to the hospital and there I met Aaron. We got checked in and soon my mom and sister were there by my side. I didn't actually start feeling contractions until around 4:00pm. My dear friend, Erin, stopped up as additional labor support. I feel so blessed to have had such amazing support throughout my pregnancy and delivery.

By around 8:00pm, the labor pains were really painful, and at about 9:30pm I asked my mom and sister to leave the room as I didn't want them to see me in so much pain. I asked for an epidural at about 10:30pm. The rest of the labor went very smoothly. Aaron was on awesome support person. I am thankful to have such a wonderful husband! Natalie Ann was born at 2:12 am. Aaron and I were overjoyed to meet our sweet little daughter.

The next few days we spent in the hospital recovering and introducing Natalie to our family and to many of our friends. We are so thankful to have had so much support!

Natalie is now 10 weeks old. She continues to amaze us both every day and already has both of us wrapped around her finger. She has recently began smiling and cooing. She absolutely melts my heart every time she smiles. She's starting to wake up, but I'll post again!

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh my gosh!!
Sarah!
You're BLOGGING!
Meeting your sweet little girl in the wee hours is something I'll remember for the rest of my life. :)